Using Competencies Successfully
Using Competencies Successfully is a DVD-based training film resource which illustrates how to use your competency framework to prepare for appraisals, promotion interviews and for self-development.
View the trailer below to assess the content of the programme.
How well do the people in your organisation know and apply your competency framework? We developed this programme in response to our customers who told us that their competency frameworks were not understood or used successfully.
Your competency framework communicates the way your organisation wants its people to work. Using Competencies Successfully illustrates how your people can use your competency framework as a tool to help them with their appraisals, in promotion interviews and for self-development.
In an appraisal, your people learn how to:
- Ensure that they understand the competency criteria for their job
- Provide evidence of the behaviours required for their job
- Address gaps in their performance where they do not meet the competency criteria.
In a promotion interview, your people need to learn how to:
- Ensure that they understand the competency criteria for the higher level job
- Provide evidence of the behaviours required for the higher level job
- Create opportunities to demonstrate that they can operate at the higher level.
For self development your people learn how to:
- Identify gaps between how they behave now and how they need to behave to satisfy the competency indicators for their job
- Create opportunities to demonstrate required behaviours
- Use your competency framework to help them with their Personal Development Plan.